Sunday, March 30, 2014

Vietnamese traditonal women's dress: Ao Dai

 This week I will introduce to you the Vietnamese women's traditional dress called "ao dai", which means "long dress".  Even though it is called a long dress it includes 2 pieces: a dress and a long pants.  To me it is the most beautiful dress in the world, and not just because it is part of my culture;  it also shows off the beautiful curves of women as it is discreet but sexy.  High school girl students wear them in white color as their school uniform. Beside that, we wear it at important events such as: in New Year holidays, go to church, temple, and especially every woman wears it in their wedding. This dress will be worn differently when it goes along with each event.  In a wedding dress it usually has to be formal and in red color because we believe a red color will bring luck as well as happiness. For other events, the dress form and colors will depend on the host's interested, as in the last picture is of me in my wedding "ao dai" dress.




1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Do you know which company makes that red dragon ao dai on your blog? I would love to purchase it if possible for my wedding.

    Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete