Sunday, April 13, 2014

Vietnamese sandwich "Banh Mi"




The only thing that my husband never forgets to order whenever we go to a Vietnamese restaurant is the Vietnamese sandwich, one of the most popular Vietnamese food.  In Vietnam Vietnamese sandwich which we call “Banh mi” and is considered a street style food (they are usually sold in along the busy streets on the sidewalk).  Beginning of Vietnamese bread and all bread within Vietnam (mainly Saigon) was introduced by the French bakers who made baguette bread in the early 19th century. These variations of bread form and quality shaped the processing style endowed within Saigon bread that reflects the culinary needs of picky Saigon customers. There are many kind of sandwiches such as meat balls, ham, egg fried and pork BBQ sandwich... My husband and me favorite sandwich is the BBQ pork. My favorite restaurant which has the best Vietnamese sandwiches in Chinatown area is Song Huong restaurant located at 928 Kekaulike St, Chinatown, Honolulu, HI 96817.  This place is a little hole in the wall, but  the bread is very fresh and crispy and the meat is tender and flavorful.

1 comment:

  1. I love going to Ba-Le Sandwich Shop to order the Vietnamese Sandwiches. I order lemongrass chicken sandwhich and two spring rolls. I am so hungry right now, think I'm going to get that for lunch! yummy!

    ReplyDelete